General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clicking Noise When Turning in 94 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 01:19 PM
Default Clicking Noise When Turning in 94 Accord

My 94 Accord LX has a clicking (clacking?) noise coming from the right front tire. It only happens when I am turning right, and about 75% of the time.

That driveshaft was replaced about 2 years ago because it was making the same noise, but it had a cracked boot and was pretty worn. I checked the cv boot on this one, and it's in good condition.

I read that someone had the same problem, and they figured that it was worn engine mounts allowing the engine to move when he was turning. Aside from that, does anyone have any other ideas to what it might be?

Old 04-16-2008, 04:55 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Clicking Noise When Turning in 94 Accord

sounds like an axle to me..

and by the way the cv boot does not need to be ripped for an axle to be noisy ..

what is the warranty on the axle ?? some are lifetime warranty ... do you remeber where you bought it ??

Old 04-16-2008, 05:04 PM

I'm pretty sure I got it at carquest. I have the reciept, I will have to check on the warranty.

Is it possible for the cv axle to be making that noise and not be bad, like it's just loose or something? Is it possible that it wasn't properly seated, and that is why it's making that noise. I would think if that were the case, if it wasn't in all the way, it would have gone bad alot quicker. When I hit a bump driving, I can hear a slight clank noise, like it's loose or something. I jacked up the car, and couldn't see that anything was loose or out of place.

Old 04-21-2008, 08:57 PM

I'm going for bad axle.
I replaced mine last year (94 EX) and a few months later it was clicking, clacking again. It was a bad replacement axle. And it was lifetime warranty. Too bad it would'nt pay for my extra labor.

I have heard that bad engine mounts could make the same noise. Can you eliminate that possibility?

Old 04-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Super Moderator

The way a CV joint is made, there's really no way for it to make the clicking noise without being bad. But it IS POSSIBLE for it to go bad without a torn boot.