General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Climate Control Issues...PLEASE HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Default Climate Control Issues...PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi All,
I'm a newbie to this site and I'm seeking some help on the climate control module in my 99 Accord EX V6. This winter a couple of times, the head unit would just go dead, then I would fiddle with the buttons a bit and it would all of sudden turn back on. It has done it off and on since....maybe once a week if that. Now it is getting more and more frequent, but there is absolutely no pattern to when it shuts off. It is totally random.

Does this sound likea bad connection?? I'm sure it can't be that simple, but I'm not sure. Has anyone ever ran into this before?? If anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for your responses!!

Old 06-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan
Default RE: Climate Control Issues...PLEASE HELP!!!

I've heard of the connections becoming oxidized enough to cause problems. Repair is to remove unit, clean contacts w/ contact cleaner and a rubber eraser (if accessible), and reinstall.

If this seems to happen when car interior is hot, you could have a cracked solder connection on a circuit board. It might be repairable,...if you can find the fault. I found a cracked surface mount resistor on a clock circuit board, but I knew what to look for because this fault was reported by others.

good luck

Old 06-15-2007, 08:49 AM
Default RE: Climate Control Issues...PLEASE HELP!!!

TexasHonda,
Thanks for the response. I will give that a try....I certainly hope that it is that easy!!!!

The failure is extremely random and almost impossible to duplicate. It has done it in the cold and in the heat, so I can't say I can narrow it down to specific conditions.