General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Climate control panel

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 01:50 PM
bug176
Unregistered
Default Climate control panel

I have a 99 honda accord ex4 cyl i have a problem with the climate control panel on the car it comes on for 20 min when i turn the car on then blinks a few times and then goes dead i have changed all the fuses related to the a\c and fans i think its a relay that feeds power to the climate panel i have heard it click while the panel blinks it sounds like its coming from the blower moter under the glove box i bought the repair book from pepboys but there is no info on a relay in the area can someone help

thanks

Old 05-16-2008, 08:54 PM
caboose
Unregistered
Default RE: Climate control panel

I have the same problem with a 99 accord, only now the a/c control panel is dead!! It was intermittent like yours. Did you find your problem???? Please let me know what your results were. I am a senior citizen and can't afford to pay for service.
thanks....have a great day

Old 05-22-2008, 03:47 PM
bug176
Unregistered

I finally found the problem I took it to the dealer they said the problem is in the climate control panel they WANTED 489 DOLLARS
i said no way too much money I then went on ebay and picked one up for 32.99 thats including shipping it took 20 min to install
very easy to do,let me know how everything turns out my a/c now works great

99 honda accord ex 4 cyl

Old 06-06-2008, 08:01 PM
caboose
Unregistered

Thanks alot; I will do the same. Peace to you..

Old 06-26-2008, 06:48 PM
caboose
Unregistered

I bought a climate control panel on EBAY, installed it and my problem is gone. The A/C works great....so, all of you people out there that have intermittent climate control panels and dead panels on 99 honda accordsIt's the DADGUM climate control panel and it's easy to replace!!

Watch out for the "spring" in the hazard switch next to the clock-It will fly through the air when you disconnect the cable harness behind the hazard switch. This is about a 30 minute job. I'm almost 70 years of age and if I can do it, you can toosave yourself some money..

I was dissapointed with this forum that only one person helped me out, only because he had a similar problem. You "EXPERTS" out there should be ashamed of yourselves for being out there and NOT helping. "What goes around comes around". Just be a good neighbor and help someone out. Thank you bug176, you are my hero; my wife can now drive her car in the HOT Florida heat and I don't have to drive her to the beauty parlor to get her hair done. ha..

Old 06-27-2008, 11:56 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: caboose

I was dissapointed with this forum that only one person helped me out, only because he had a similar problem. You "EXPERTS" out there should be ashamed of yourselves for being out there and NOT helping. "What goes around comes around". Just be a good neighbor and help someone out. Thank you bug176, you are my hero; my wife can now drive her car in the HOT Florida heat and I don't have to drive her to the beauty parlor to get her hair done. ha..
That's not nice! Most of the people on this forum are regular guys and gals. There are experts here as well, but this is not a common problem. I'd have guessed that it was a control problem, but not all of the controls are so straight forward or contained to 1 panel. Also, diagnostics aren't always easy when the car is not available. I can post that my window isn't working and without the car, all you could tell me is to check the switch, actuator, wiring continuity, etc. On my tC, there is a separate computer that handles multiplexor functions and all body systems are routed through it. One of it's functions is to dis-allow the remote to lock the car when the driver's door is open, for example. Please refrain from badmouthing the people on here that help others. Nobody is paid to be an advisor on this forum, nor can anyone know about everything relating to all of the generations, models, trims and markets that are called "Accord".

Given your experiance in life, you should be ashamed of yourself. Furthermore, if you got your answer, why should anyone else repeat the same answer?