General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Confirmed Fix - 1995 Accord V6, replace TDC/CYP but still bucks

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 10:48 PM

Hi. My 95 Accord is doing this same thing! Getting the same codes!! I was windering if you ever found a solution???? Please let me know! This is my only transportation! So i need to fix ASAP!!! THANKS!!!

Old 08-18-2013, 12:57 AM
Administrator
Talking Hi Member

Originally Posted by jpwood99
Hi. My 95 Accord is doing this same thing! Getting the same codes!! I was windering if you ever found a solution???? Please let me know! This is my only transportation! So i need to fix ASAP!!! THANKS!!!

Go to the thread makers e-mail account and ask him that same question, maybe he will answer you cack with that answer..

Good Luck.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:27 AM
Newest Of Newbies

JPWood99,

We discovered that getting a replacement crank position sensor fixed this problem and since the one we installed earlier was still under warranty and apparently defective, I only had to pay for the labor. None of the testing of the fuel pump or other fuel delivery systems worked even though the symptoms pointed to that. Unfortunately, this comes down to having a mechanic who has the sheer doggedness to try different things, and he did run a diagnostic check (OBDI) that showed nothing at first and then a second time, it threw out the same code for the crank sensor. Sometimes the after-market parts aren't as good as the original. So it was a comparatively cheap fix and it has been okay since then.

And for the record, I'm a "she". Grew up in Michigan where ya gotta know something about cars.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Weebiecat
JPWood99,

We discovered that getting a replacement crank position sensor fixed this problem and since the one we installed earlier was still under warranty and apparently defective, I only had to pay for the labor. None of the testing of the fuel pump or other fuel delivery systems worked even though the symptoms pointed to that. Unfortunately, this comes down to having a mechanic who has the sheer doggedness to try different things, and he did run a diagnostic check (OBDI) that showed nothing at first and then a second time, it threw out the same code for the crank sensor. Sometimes the after-market parts aren't as good as the original. So it was a comparatively cheap fix and it has been okay since then.

And for the record, I'm a "she". Grew up in Michigan where ya gotta know something about cars.
Hi Weebiecat,

Thanks for reporting back that your problem was fixed due to the crank sensor. Your 1995 V6 also has an OBD-II diagnostic port located behind the ashtray (see attached pic.). Using an an OBD-II reader/scanner instead of through the OBD-I service check connector can possibly show more specific code(s), as OBD-II trouble codes range is wider (i.e., more codes) and can be more specific than compared to OBD-I. (Your 95 Accord V6 had both OBD-I and OBD-II ports.)

There actually was a July 2003 Honda Service News applicable to 95-97 V6 which may indicate a faulty crankshaft position sensor.

DTC P1361 and DTC P1381 Set: ’95–97 Accord V6

If both DTC P1361 (top dead center sensor intermittent interruption) and DTC P1381 (cylinder position sensor intermittent interruption) are set in a ’95–97 Accord V6, replace the crankshaft position sensor even though the tests in the 1995–97 Accord V6 Supplement S/M may be inconclusive. If either DTC sets individually, find out the cause by following the S/M troubleshooting (pulling and wiggling the wiring harnesses, checking the pin fit, and measuring the sensor resistance).

For jpwood99,

Is your 1995 Accord a V6? If not, it may not be exactly the same issue. A 95 Accord 4 cylinder only has the service check connector (located under passenger side dash) to read OBD-I trouble codes. In addition, the sensor(s) may not be located in the similar areas for a V6 vs. an in-line 4 cylinder.

Attached Thumbnails Confirmed Fix - 1995 Accord V6, replace TDC/CYP but still bucks-v6-obd-ii-port.jpg  
Old 08-19-2013, 11:49 AM

Yes my accord is the V6. I actually reset the ecu. And it hasnt thrown those codes out yet. The only code im getting now isP0725. Vss. Thats because my speedometer is screwy.. before i reset my ecu, it threw like 5 codes. Yhe guy i bought it from said he redid the timing and waterpump etc.. which may be why it threw thosecodes to begin with. Idk.. but there gone for the moment. Ive tryed to get the car to act up, but it wont. Im kinda scetched about takin it to many places.. it was also throwing the code for the map sensor which ive replaced twice figuring that was the problem. But still did it until i reset the ecu.. so far,so good. Ive let it idle get to operatingtemp, drove, parked, turned off, turned back on. Drove an nothing yet.. idk.. i cant afford a mechanic.. so im not sure what to do.. but thanks for everyones help!!! Ill keep posted on progress...

Old 08-20-2013, 10:31 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I sometimes think I should just call in an exorcist when my car acts like that.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:17 PM

I figured i would give an update, and a Big thank you to weebiecat!! After installing the crank sensor i can happily say that i havent had any other issues with my accord!! No one else could figure it out. Im the one who tracked down any an all problems it. Could have been. Once again, thank you to everyone on this forum for all the info...

Old 09-05-2013, 11:54 AM
Newest Of Newbies

That's great news, JPWood99! It's such a relief when you finally nail the problem and it's gone. I was glad to help in a small way.