General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cooling/Radiator Fans on a 92 Honda Accord Wagon

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 11:20 AM
horgad
Unregistered
Default Cooling/Radiator Fans on a 92 Honda Accord Wagon

I recently bought a 92 Honda Accord Wagon with some front end damage. As part of the repairs, I had to remove and reshape the driver's side Cooling/Radiator fan. The car is put back together now and ready to drive. However I noticed that neither of the fans are running. Which is odd because I could have sworn that they were working during some earlier tests. Not to mention that I didn't even touch the passenger side fan.

My only thought is that it is a lot colder now then when I started and that maybe these fans controlled by a temperature sensor. Is that true? I put a lot of time in getting this thing pieced back together and I don't want to melt the engine on its "maiden" voyage. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Old 12-10-2006, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Cooling/Radiator Fans on a 92 Honda Accord Wagon

Yes the cooling fans are controlled by a temp sensor that turns on a relay.
The coolant temp switch "A", at the T-stat housing should 'turn on' when coolant temp is 190-200 degrees. that would be about 1/2 way on the temp gauge.
If the A/C has a charge and works, both fans should turn on when the A/C is turned on.

Old 12-10-2006, 07:57 PM
horgad
Unregistered
Default RE: Cooling/Radiator Fans on a 92 Honda Accord Wagon

Thanks that helps. I had to remove the AC. It was damaged in the crash. So I'll just have to keep on eye on the temp and check the fans to make sure they are working. Its not insured until Monday so it has not had a good test drive yet.