General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple Electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Couple Electrical issues

First off, the PO installed a cheap aftermarket radio. I guess this is mostly cosmetic, but he never installed a dash kit, the radio is just sitting in it's cage in a hole in my dash :P. I'm planning on picking up a kit, but how does the dash come apart in there for me to install it? I haven't located any screws anywhere, and it appears to be one whole piece encompassing the radio, vents, HVAC, gauges, etc. Suggestions?

Second, my driver's side rear window is dead. What's the best way to determine if it's a short somewhere or a dead motor? The other motors work fine, so I assume the motors' gone, but just making sure.

Third, power locks don't work. I know on some cars when one switch dies, the whole system won't function. I don't really know where to begin here.

I'm not new to electronics, but I don't have much experience with this vehicle, and don't have much time to waste trying to track down wires. Hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction here. TIA