General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 Accord. Couple of issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 05:28 PM
Default 2005 Accord. Couple of issues

Hi I am the very happy owner of a 2005 Honda Accord Executive 2.2 i-CDTi. It's a dream car and I really love driving it. I have just two problems. One is a minor one and the other a bit more serious.

1. The minor one is a rattling somewhere in the roof when I hit around 55mph. It sounds like there is a peice of metal loose somewhere -like two metal plates knocking against each other. As I accelerate through to 70 it gets a bit louder and then stays at that same level. If I have the radio on I can't hear it, but if I don't and have a passenger in the car they ask whats that noise?! I've looked around the sunroof and I can't see anything loose, I've tried pushing it up while driving, but doesn't make any difference. Has anyone else had this before? Is there something loose somewhere that is knocking - maybe it isn't even in the roof.

2. The other one is a bit more serious. If I floor it (I'm 25), i.e. drop a gear to overtake and to the floor or from standstill at traffic lights for a quick get away sometimes the car looses all acceleration briefly and massively jolts forward. Once and only once 6 months ago it completely cut out and I had to idle in to the side of the road with my hazards on. Then I had to attempt to start it several times before it would start. I have not had that since, but it's always lurking there at the back if my mind when I overtake on A-roads. Will it cut? I get around it by gradually accelerating smoothly till my foot is down and I can get away without a problem. But it shouldn't be like that.

Thanks for your time.

Ben