General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Couple of Issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 05:11 AM
chrisc
Unregistered
Default Couple of Issues

Wonder if anyone can help - I have an Accord 6 speed 2.4 Exec (2003) - just bought it 6 months ago. Delighted with the car but I have noticed a few things which I would really appreciate some advice on.

1. Seems to be quite a large water leak under the car (was told this could be air conditioning)
2. Suspicious that the car has lost a fair bit of power since I bought it.
3. When changing gear there is often a "whine" or "squeak" - almost like the clutch slipping...

I am not technical at all on cars but been a bit suspicious since I bought it since the car has a tow bar and I have been concerned that the previous owner was dragging about his house on the back of the car.

Since it is in warranty I would like to get these things checked out - but I have no idea / information to be armed with when approaching the dealer.

Really appreciate any help - thanks

Chris

Old 06-17-2006, 10:40 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Couple of Issues

1. If the water is clear, then don't worry as it is condensate from the A/C. All air conditioners will remove moisture from the air as they operate
2. Do you notice any chk engine lights or other abnormalities?
3. Have the dealer inspect the clutch and see what they find

Old 06-18-2006, 04:24 PM
chrisc
Unregistered

Thanks for your response. Will see what they say re the clutch? Is it normal to expect to notice and significant degredation of power with a car at this stage -ie 3 years and 35000 miles? No engine warning lights as - the only thing that makes me suspicious was the car had a tow bar and I guess towing around caravan's / boats etc could place extra strain on the car.

Thanks again for your help as any pointers or thoughts would be most appreciated.

Old 06-18-2006, 04:58 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

if your clutch is starting to slip, it would appear that car has lost some power. The lowing limit of an accord is 1000lbs (us cars) I would not be too worried about that unless the rear end is sagging.