General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dash lighting and heat

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 09:01 AM
timesharing
Unregistered
Default dash lighting and heat

I have a 04 Accord Ex V6 and I read the post about the stereo screen lights going out and saw the bulletin from Honda but, when I call honda they said the would not cover my system because it is no longer in warranty. My vin # falls under the cars affected and they still will not cover it. Now my heat has stop working as well. Can someone please give me another option before I give honda the rest of my life savings. Thanks in advance.

UPDATE!!!!!!
I called another Honda dealer and they are going to fix radio under goodwill. But I have to find out what is going on with heat. I have an appointment tomorrow for the heat. Will update you all on what happen with heat after I get it repaired.. thanks Guys.

Old 10-23-2006, 02:41 PM
Default RE: dash lighting and heat

Hmm.....Is is a recall or just a bulletin?? Doesn't sound like a recall so technically I don't think they are required to do the service. You may check with another dealer or call the Honda service number, I don't remember exactly what they call it but I have heard that they can help you out. Maybe someone can help with that number for you.

Old 10-23-2006, 04:33 PM

I don't know the number off the top of my head but you can call honda of america and ask them what to do... as far as the heater issue I don't believe that there is a recall with that

Old 03-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Sodapop
Unregistered

I had the same problem. I just bought my accord back in October of 06 and when I got it the dash lights were already out. I thought I was gonna have to buy a whole new unit or go with and aftermarket. But I did take the advice recieved from the forum. I jsut simply called American Honda (800-999-1009) and they'll get it taken care of for you. I called this past Thursday...the service manager form the dealership called me on Friday...I set up an appointment for Monday morning at 8:30 and 10:00 I was out the door. No money out of my pocket.