General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Did my 2008 accord tranny die?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 07:50 PM
Default Did my 2008 accord tranny die?

Hi all I am having some bad car problems..

Car- 2008 Honda accord lxp automatic transmission 43k miles warranty expired in Jan 2013

So about a month ago I started hearing a high pitch soundwhen driving in the first couple gears. Sometimes was louder than others almostlike a growling sound. I took it to Honda and they said to do a transmissionservice. I did, then the noise was still there, had them check again and I guessthey sent some sort of data to Honda main place and they thought it was a losetransmission bearing.

Last Saturday I was driving about 20 MPH and all the suddenit sounded like something broke lose in my engine like a rock was bouncingaround in there, then came a very loud buzzing sound. I parked the car and gotout because it sounded like I had a branch or something stuck on my wheel.Nothing and then I hoped back in drove it very slowly and the buzzing was superloud and it was jerking then it just died. It would not start back up again.

The engine will crank but it will not turn over. And when Itry and start it all I hear is the starter sound.

Also right after it died I put it in park and it would notcome out of it so I had to pop the little piece out by the shift **** and pressthat button to get it to release to put it in neutral for the tow.

It is in a transmission shop right now, and they are justdiagnosing it for a hefty per hour fee. They said they need to get power to itto see what’s going on with it for sure.

Anyone ever experience this before or does anyone know whatthis might be?

THANKS!

Old 06-24-2013, 09:59 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds are tough to diagnose over the web. If I had to guess, the transmission or something with the flex plate.