General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drivers seat shaking violently ! Please help I'm lost

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 03:23 AM
Default Drivers seat shaking violently ! Please help I'm lost

Hi everyone, I have a problem with a 2.2 diesel accord 55 plate 130,000 miles on the clock. We bought this car everything was perfect a month later she developed a vibrating at first I thought it was something like traction control ! But it's got worse it's been like this now for over a year. We have replaced clutch and duel mass flywheel as they wore out and replaced the two part drive shaft, hoping this would resolve the problem. It made it slightly better but it didn't resolve it. There was no obvious play in the cv joint, engine mountings gearbox mountings. I put this down as may be a one off. Until my friend who works at a local garage tells me they have just taken a part ex petrol 2.0 liter with 170,000 on the clock with the same problem, it was previously a local taxi and the guy bought it with this vibration problem 6 years ago and couldn't be bothered to find out what was wrong with it, he was hoping something would brake first ( probably a customers spine ! ) then hd would fix it, but after 6 years he just traded it in. So is this a commons fault both cars had the 5 speed box. Thanks hebby73