General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electric/engine trouble maybe.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 06:08 PM
rstidham
Unregistered
Default Electric/engine trouble maybe.....

I have a 1991 Accord LX Coupe that is automatic (2.2L I think) and while on the freeway some time back my speedometer and odometer started dancing and then the car lost power. I was on a ramp transitioning from one freeway to the other and had to drive another mile or so to get it off the freeway to park it. I was really putting down the gas, but only going maybe 30 or 40 mph. I got it towed home. It would still start, but sounded loud and sick. Any ideas??? I may just sell the thing, but am looking for what it may sound like is going on in case it may be cheaper to fix than I thought it might be. It has been sitting since November (I drive a Del Sol right now). Thanks for any help.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator : And A Texan
Default RE: Electric/engine trouble maybe.....

Problem could be spark issue due to failing ignitor, coil, plugs, or wires. Suggest new plugs and inspect/test spark wires to start. If no help, check the DIY section for diagnostic on coil or ignitor fault. Coil is a prime suspect.

good luck