General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electrical problem with intrument cluster

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 06:40 PM
Newest Of Newbies

sorry about that in the fuse box under the hood there are 4 20 amp fuses for the windows. front left front right and back left and back right. i pulled the fuse and have about 0 to 1 ohm of resistance across the fuse. and i have 12 volts across the two terminals in the box for each position i am supposed to put a fuse into.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

I'm confused as well, not hard to do that to me.

If we are working on the windows, then that 3 pin plug should be going to the master swtich as well...be nice if the pic showed the wire color. Can I assume you tested the power windoe relay?

Old 05-15-2012, 07:33 PM
Newest Of Newbies

There is no where for the three pin Plug to go on the master switch. and then this plug just hanging out going to nothing with 3 wires green greenred and black.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:36 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Here is a bad pic of the master. It has the main plug and the one wore plug for the lock out and there is the power window plug. Name:  4e8439a5.jpg
Views: 1339
Size:  75.4 KB

Old 05-17-2012, 03:00 PM
Newest Of Newbies

a buddy told me that at times the wires can pull out of the plug in the door coming from inside the car. im going to look into this when i get a chance. im not sure about it but it is an idea. i have 12 volts at the plug to the master switch so probably not this. but the drivers window has some tape residue on it and so that makes me think it had a bag on it so maybe the white box inside the drivers door got wet and crapped out. so im going to try to switch that out to see if it works also.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

Yes the wires where the door "bends" can get broken......Look at the wires the the window switch...

See if you have a WHT/YEL, BLU/BLK, YEL/BLK AND GRN/BLK .... These should have 12v to ground with the KO -key on......do they?

Old 05-18-2012, 06:51 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Yes I do have 12 volts to ground at those four wires. I also tried to use some wire to jump across the plug from 12 volts to motor to ground on the plug and couldn't get any thing to work.

Old 05-19-2012, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator

Have you put power directly to the window motor?

Old 05-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Newest Of Newbies

no i havent tried to put power to the window motor directly
i have an extra battery i plan to do this with just havent had time to mess with it lately. been trying to research this and seams like im the only case of this problem that has been put on the internet. others it was this or that. its pretty lame. im thinking im going to make a youtube video on what i have dont and what to do and what the problem was when im done so that anyone else with something like this can get a quick answer.

Old 05-20-2012, 10:35 PM
Newest Of Newbies

ok so my buddy came by and i put his window control unit (white box inside the door forward of the main switch) and nothing happened. even tried putting his master switch on my car with his box plugged in. nothing so i put my white box back on and master switch. and we were talking about it and messing with some of the stuff and i decided to jump the box inside the hood where the relay goes and that was it. had to jump the two post forward most in the car. and all the windows went down. the passenger front and drivers rear didnt go up. put his master swithc on and all the windows worked as they should but the passenger front is off track so gotta mess with taht. but why would it work if i jump the post at the relay and not work with the relay i even tried putting the relays out of his car into mine and it didnt work??? does anyone know why this is

Quick Reply: electrical problem with intrument cluster