General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine management light

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 02:41 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Engine management light

Hi im quite new to the Honda scene i have a Honda Accord 06 tourer which is used as a taxi yesterday the engine management light came on. I stopped looked in manual and says this is due to emissions problem.Started car back up light did not come back on and as still not come back on.Do i need to take in to dealer or should i wait to see if comes back on.I had been using shells premium diesel but lately have been using the economy fuel from local garage,could this have anything to do with the light coming on. regards Dave

Old 08-13-2010, 09:42 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

i am assuming it is the chk engine lite and not the maintenance light ?? if so......need to read the code with a scanner and see what the issue is ..
Nothing to do with fuel choice ..

Old 08-13-2010, 09:54 AM
Administrator
Smile Hi New Member

Originally Posted by rhinogolf
Hi im quite new to the Honda scene i have a Honda Accord 06 tourer which is used as a taxi yesterday the engine management light came on. I stopped looked in manual and says this is due to emissions problem.Started car back up light did not come back on and as still not come back on.Do i need to take in to dealer or should i wait to see if comes back on.I had been using shells premium diesel but lately have been using the economy fuel from local garage,could this have anything to do with the light coming on. regards Dave
Desert has you covered, but I just wanted to add that you can get that done for free at a parts store like AutoZone or O'riely.
Ask for one of the ASE guys cause they can interpate the codes fully..

Thanks for joining us...
WheelBrokerAng

Old 08-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

He mentiones Accord "Tourer" & diesel which suggests he is not in USA...
AutoZone is a car-parts chain store around here. Many of those places can read the stored error codes from your car.

"Check-Engine" and "Maintenance" lamps have lots of different names in other countries.