General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VSA light on, Engine management light on and the brakes dont feel right?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Default VSA light on, Engine management light on and the brakes dont feel right?!?!

Hi guys, I'm new on here, i thinks this sites based in the US, surrp! Im in the UK and wondered if any of you guys could help me. The deal is, iv replaced an ABS sensor which has sorted the problem and the ABS light has gone off now, but he VSA & '!' are still on, so I'm guessing there is an issue with the overall function of the brakes, as the brake pedal pushes down and keeps going as though a seal has gone, But when the engine is off and i pump the brakes up, the pedal goes hard as normal and feel right? Also the engine management light has been on for a while, no loss of power or anything, it's a tough one to fathom, but thought I'd ask you peeps, any help would be ace, cheers dudes!!!
Its a 2003 Honda Accord 2.4, Type-S

Last edited by horngalore@hotmail.com; 07-08-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

You best clue to the problem is to access the engine codes stored. This may help w/ the Check Engine Light. In USA, you can go to auto parts stores and they will read the OBD2 codes for free. If not, you'll need to find someone w/ a scanner or go to a shop.

VSA/ABS requires accessing the codes stored in the control system. For this you will need a shop manual. You can get a emanual download on ebay for $21.99 from automanualsource for your car.

good luck