General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ENGINE STALLING

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 12:38 AM
mitchell320
Unregistered
Default ENGINE STALLING

I JUST BOUGHT 1990 ACCORD DX SEDAN AUTO. ENGINE STALLS AND TURNS OVER,WONT START TILL SITS FOR AWHILE,THEN RUNS GREAT. I'VE READ ABOUT MAIN RELAY. IS THIS RELAY STAMPED RZ 0088 ? DOES THIS USUALLY SOLVE PROBLEM? WHAT PART DO I ASK FOR AT PARTS STORE ? THANK YOU, MITCHELL320

Old 04-23-2007, 01:30 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: ENGINE STALLING

DO NOT start replacing parts till you DIAGNOSE what is causing engine not to start.. is it lack of spark or lack of fuel??
if i were a betting man i would say ignitor or coil issues but DIAGNOSE , DIAGNOSE , DIAGNOSE ,, first ...

go to our DIY section, look around and read up on a few posts there are diagnose posts on lack of spark and lack of fuel possibilities .

Old 04-26-2007, 12:22 AM
Default RE: ENGINE STALLING

I totally agree with your diagnose statement. But I have a similar problem intermitently. Although I havent diagnosed it persay, but, it seems to be a relay for the fuel pump. I can hear or not hear it kick in if you will. When I notice the fuel pump not kicking in it will sputter then die. I have found tho, that in my 94, if i open the fuse box inside the car and remove for a min and reinsert the fuse for the fuel pump it will then kick on and the car starts as usuall. Maybe just something to try. first listen to see if you can hear the fuel pump kick on. If you can normally and the car runs, but cant when it wont, then it may be somewhere you can start with your diagnosis. -just an idea.