General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

engine upgrades or lack thereof

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 01:13 AM
Default engine upgrades or lack thereof

hey guys.

my thoughts are getting around to engine upgrades to extract as much power as i can from it before
i put a supercharger on it.

however today, after research i must say i got really disheartened by the lack of engine perfomance upgrades for this damn j30a1 engine. hondata does not even have a system for this applications, bad sign.. shame as i an a big fan of this little engine

stock hp is listed at 200hp, with the supercharger, headers and exhaust from comptech, i would only be looking at 230 whp max, very disappointing for the kind of money involved.

at this point im reconsidering... hmm for the 5 to 7k involved i could buy me a little 93 nsx 240 and
turbo that thing and start to build a nice little drifter!!!

anyway, i digress, anyone out there using a venom 400 or apexi vtec controllers, i see this as a way to sqeeze some more perfomance wondering if any one has any real world experience with this.

also read today that the stock exhaust on our 6th gens are really restrictive, anyone have any experience with high flow cat's

while im at it, header recommendations, comptechs are very very costly, im wondering, anything else out there with similar to better perfomance for less money, again if anyone has any first hand experience.
tks guys
steve