General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lack of fuel pressure

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 02:58 PM
delt482
Unregistered
Default lack of fuel pressure

just recently my car has lost a lot of power. i noticed that when i press the accelerator i hear a hissing sound, like a vacuum leak under the hood. i changed the fuel filter at first and when i removed the line from the fuel rail there was little fuel pressure. once it was changed it worked for a little while but when i got on the interstate the power was gone again. it hesitates at 2500 rpms. i was wondering if the fuel pressure regulator could be the problem? i seriously doubt its the pump because i can hear the vacuum leak but i cant find it even when standing over the engine. its like a whistling sound. any help would be well appreciated.

Old 07-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: lack of fuel pressure

What "COLOR" is your Accord?

Old 07-21-2007, 11:22 AM

No need to know the "color" we can still give advice.... Did you change the fuel filter at the carburator as well?

Old 07-22-2007, 09:44 AM
delt482
Unregistered

sorry i forgot to give specifics about my car. its a 97 accord ex 2.2 with a 5 speed. i just changed the one fuel filter by the firewall under the brake master cylinder. i didnt realize they have another one. anyways. i just noticed yesterday that the power comes back while im driving through town but goes away when i hit the interstate.

Old 07-22-2007, 10:12 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

No need to know the "color" we can still give advice.... Did you change the fuel filter at the carburator as well?
Sir,,, my friend .. Dude was trying to make a point .. it is hard to give the correct reply without knowing the year and model,
as it turned out you assumed car was carburated ..
that is why i stress the issue of putting year and model on the signature so all of us who are trying to help do not have to assume .

DElt there is only 1 fuel filter , the one that you replaced ,, since you did not input the year when you first asked the question , my main man SirNasty assumed that it was a carburated car which have 2 filters .
You should hook up a fuel pressure gauge , test drive the car at hwy speed and see where the pressurte is at

Old 07-23-2007, 10:17 AM
delt482
Unregistered

thanks desert honda, the problem i have about checking the fuel pressure is that on the 97 accord there is no fuel pressure service fitting like on the 94-96. so i dont know how to hook up a pressure gauge to it. ive looked online but havent found much help. my dad was gonna try and rig up a new hose with one but i wouldnt trust it myself. do you know of a good way to do it?