General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lack in performance?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 12:09 PM
Dutchineire
Unregistered
Default lack in performance?

Hi. I have bought my 02 honda accord about 2 months ago now, and I'm a bit disappointed in the acceleration, both in overtaking and from stand still. For a 2 liter Vtech I thought I'd be blown away but, nippy and smooth as it is, it;s not as fast as similar cars, eg Mit. Galant or Alfa 156. My question is, is that a general vieuw, or could there be something wrong with my new baby?

Old 12-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Default RE: lack in performance?

In terms of getting off the line fast, vtec in it's stock form or factory settings, is not going to win you battles off the line!!!!

From my own experience my car does not start to get up and go until the vtec changeover point , usually at about 3500rpm or so,
You can get some more perfomance by starting off at a lower gear, same deal though vtec changeover still has to take place.
Once you get there this is when a vtec engine starts to perform

I plan to get around this problem by using a vafc 2 controller from apex'i , this will allow me to regulate the air/fuel ratios but also
change the vtec changover points.

I think these ratios can also be set by gear, in notsure, this is why i'll get it done by a pro on a dyno machine

All of this shouldhelp me get over that particular VTEC issue.

Old 12-12-2005, 07:38 PM
Dutchineire
Unregistered
Default RE: lack in performance?

Hi dinzer Thanks for your reply. Yes that seems to make sense, once over 3500 rpm it moves better. I didn't buy the car to be a drag racer, so I'm happy enough. I was just worried there may be something wrong. Have to find out more re the vtec.