General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Failed emissions...looking for some advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 12:06 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Failed emissions...looking for some advice

now that's the sound of a happy man.....

Old 12-09-2006, 04:42 AM

you betcha!! almost as happpy when i first found this car.......yeah its got a ton of miles, but its been meticulously maintained. I got a folder with it with EVERY reciept EVER, the previous owners were rather **** about it, even have the original bill of sale and window sticker. guess ill have to keep it going, though i usually dont get reciepts at the salvage yard...lol. The last owner dropped about $1000 into the car just in parts in the last year. the door handle broke off in the last ice storm and he had had enough, plus he couldnt get the door open since the linkage jammed the inside door handle too. took me two minutes of fiddling with the window and the door handle to get it open....probably should of waited to get out of the guys driveway. he said he had 27 people call about the car after i did(actually my gf called)......we got lucky for once......

best $500 ive spent on a car, except for my 86 accord for $350, but that one needed work. this 91 is plug and play......so far......but I'll still probably clean the egr/ports and check the vss and 02 sensor once I have more time, plus I'm sure there's plenty more for me to do lurking under that pretty green body...... the paint shines, only from repairs though.

outta curiousity, did i pull the codes right?

Old 12-09-2006, 08:29 AM

GREAT! Yet another non illegal smogged car on the streets running healthy. In my area, its cool to not run cats, straight pipes, turbos(non ca exempt) and just anything else that is bad for our air. I mean, im cool with the turbo, but, if your burning oil in an ancient bucket, you need to swap or something. But yeah, good for you. hope it gives you many miles of reliable run time. I just got mine a few months ago and ran into the same probs as you. I needed to swap out the old tranny that had nearly 200,000 miles on it(slippin like a ****).