General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fan not working

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 11:17 PM
Default Fan not working

00 accord

Fan stopped working. I think I've checked all applicable fuses, replaced the blower motor relay, replaced the blower motor and replaced the resistor. Could a faulty hvac control panel cause the fan to not work? most of the threads I've read all talk about lights not working on the panel, but none really mentioned the fan not working due to a faulty control panel.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator

Are you having a problem with the blower motor inside the car where no air is coming out of the vents?

Does the blower work on any speed?

Do you have a volt meter?

Give us some more specifics on the car, 4/6 cylinder, EX, LX, DX, climate control?

Old 09-21-2012, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
Are you having a problem with the blower motor inside the car where no air is coming out of the vents?

Does the blower work on any speed?

Do you have a volt meter?

Give us some more specifics on the car, 4/6 cylinder, EX, LX, DX, climate control?
nothing coming out of vents unless I turn off the recirculate I can get some heat out of the vents, but obviously only when the car is moving.

fan doesn't work on any speed.

don't have a volt meter, but I plan on picking one up in the next few days.

4cyl lx no climate control.

Old 09-21-2012, 12:07 AM
Super Moderator

I would start by removing the electrical connection for the blower you installed.

With the fan turned on high (4 setting, I think?) and the key in the II position, use the volt meter to test for 12V on the yel/blk wire to ground (I use any bare metal bolt).

You can also test the blu/red wire for ground (closed circuit or ~0 resistance to ground). If you change the fan speed setting, the resistance will increase.

To answer your question, a bad HVAC control can cause your fan not to work, but you should do some electrical testing before blindly changing it out.