General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Febest bushings?

Old 10-07-2014, 12:46 PM
Almost A Senior Member
Default Febest bushings?

Has anyone used Febest bushings for those impossible-to-get bushings for the rear trailing arms?

Febest Auto Parts - About Us

They claim they are a dozen years old, use "German engineering" but are located in Florida ... and there is virtually no information about them on the internet except for their advertising and postings.

Since there appears to be no alternative to purchasing the trailing arm bushings, I'm tempted to try them out vs paying 4x for new OEM trailing arms.

Any suggestions here?

Thanks. John

Last edited by jkowtko; 03-15-2015 at 08:53 AM.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Found these on ebay.

Roca Trailing Arm Bushings 1990 1997 Honda Accord PS DS Pair | eBay

Looks like you'll need to rig a press to get old ones out and new ones end. A ball jt press may work, if you can find a large enough receiving/launching cup. A harbor freight press may be another option.

good luck

Old 10-07-2014, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

Isn't it better/faster/cheaper to simply buy new trailing arms with new bushings already installed?

Old 10-07-2014, 03:24 PM

Why not upgrade while you are there HARDRACE GLOBAL

Old 10-07-2014, 04:48 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
Yeah, I saw that Roca brand a while back. I've asked about them in another thread ... also no replies :|

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
Found these on ebay.
Looks like you'll need to rig a press to get old ones out and new ones end. A ball jt press may work, if you can find a large enough receiving/launching cup. A harbor freight press may be another option.
I bought my 12-ton HFT shop press a month ago ... am itching to use it!

Originally Posted by shipo
Isn't it better/faster/cheaper to simply buy new trailing arms with new bushings already installed?
Unfortunately there are no aftermarket trailing arms available that I can find. The OEM arms are ~$130 each ... not really that bad, but this is also a bit of a hobby for me so I would like to try replacing just the bushings (and save $100/side at the same time).

Originally Posted by Half-fast
Why not upgrade while you are there HARDRACE GLOBAL
Okay, interesting -- they have the large bushing:

Hardrace Rear Trailing Arm Bushings 94-97 - 6363 - BuyHardRace.com

but I can't find the small bushings that go into the rear of the arm (2 per size) ...

Still they're 3-4x the price of the Febest and 2x Roca ...

Thanks. John

Last edited by jkowtko; 10-07-2014 at 04:51 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by jkowtko
I can't find the small bushings that go into the rear of the arm (2 per size) ...
Huh... never noticed there were bushings there. Are they an issue, or are you looking to replace just because they are there?

Old 10-08-2014, 02:55 PM
Almost A Senior Member

I'm getting what sounds like a metal-on-metal clunk when I hit sharp bumps in the road, so I'm thinking one of the rubber bushings is bottoming out. Since I don't know which one and I don't mind the experience of doing it, I was planning to just replace all rubber in the suspension over time.

Old 03-10-2015, 01:41 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Okay, the metal-on-metal clunk turned out to be a few other things ... spring noise on top of it all (I'm getting insulators to fix that problem.)

Now what I'm looking at is simply refreshing the rubber on the trailing arms. The arms take a rearward hit every time the rear wheel hits a sharp bump or notch in the road ... getting fresh rubber in there should tighten up the suspension and reduce vibration in that area.

I have already found a number of positive reviews for Hardrace bushings. But I would appreciate feedback from anyone who has replaced their trailing arm bushings with either Febest or Roca, or who has found a good review on either of these products.

What's a bit disconcerting, is that all three of the web sites -- including Hardrace -- are riddled with poor English grammar.

Thanks. John

Last edited by jkowtko; 03-15-2015 at 08:50 AM.