Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

97accord SE front bushings

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 03:54 PM
Default 97accord SE front bushings

Hello guys, I have problem with squicking noise coming from front passanger side(97 accord SE). I tried to grease sway bar bushing which did not help. Then I sprayed all the joints with silicon based spray but did not help. I looked at all the joints and I saw the cracks buid up on swaybar end link bushings. I think may be noise coming from that part (atleast good point to start with). I like to change them out. How much risk is there to do it yourself ?? Do I have to put the car on a jack stands or it will be fine to be on the ramp(the way I did the sway bar bushings). I saw lots of internet sites sells those bushings as a kit(4 bushings, 4 washer, nut and bolt) and some sells as just bushings. what will be better to buy. Any response will be lots of helpful.

Old 11-13-2006, 05:53 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 97accord SE front bushings

it could be your bushings but it could also be your springs. if you are going to change your bushings then i would recommend a polyeurothane set from energy suspension. get the whole front end kit. fyi it is rediculously tough to get some of the old bushings out of your car.

Old 11-13-2006, 06:11 PM

I don't know if accords react the same way but when installing a poly bushing kit I'd spray them with some silicone spray prior to putting them in.... My friends focus actually started to squeek from the bushing kit.... anyone else seen this happen? Although I will say it does help out immensly with ride and handling

Old 11-14-2006, 12:59 AM

ORIGINAL: accordfan222

Hello guys, I have problem with squicking noise coming from front passanger side(97 accord SE). I tried to grease sway bar bushing which did not help.
I am assuming you greased the 2 inner bushings,, Did you remove the bushings and grease where they ride into the bar ?? ( the inner part of the bushings ) ?? if you greased the outer part where the bracket mounts , that will not do anything as a matter of facts if you indeed greased the outer part , wipe it off ,,or the bracket might slip over the bushing

Old 11-14-2006, 02:46 PM

Yes I completely remove the bushing and greased it inside. I have used Dow corning 111 silicone based grease. May be you can give my answer to how to change out the bushings located outside edge of the sway bar ( it looks like the link connected with second part . there is 4 rubber pieces, 4 washers,nipple, bolt and self locking nut, one set on each side) I sprayed silicone spray on that link bushings but did not help.

ORIGINAL: deserthonda

ORIGINAL: accordfan222

Hello guys, I have problem with squicking noise coming from front passanger side(97 accord SE). I tried to grease sway bar bushing which did not help.
I am assuming you greased the 2 inner bushings,, Did you remove the bushings and grease where they ride into the bar ?? ( the inner part of the bushings ) ?? if you greased the outer part where the bracket mounts , that will not do anything as a matter of facts if you indeed greased the outer part , wipe it off ,,or the bracket might slip over the bushing

Old 11-14-2006, 08:28 PM

i would inspect and lube all of the bushings you can and I am with DH replace with poly and grease them up good

Old 03-19-2007, 10:36 PM

Greasing the bushing did not help. I took it to mechanic today and he says that most probably it is lower ball joint. How hard is to replace this, since he told me he can do that for 120 dollar out the door.

Old 11-13-2007, 06:46 PM

Problem Fixed,
I did not wanted to change the ball joint. So I tried to lube the upper control arm bushing and it has fixed the problem. This time I jacked up the car and then lube the bushing with lubriant. By jacking the car it gave me more movement on the joint than just keeping the car on ground. When I took the jack off all the lubricant had chance to go into the joint and it had fixed the squick problem.