General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

feedback in gas pedal

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 12:49 AM
Default feedback in gas pedal

I've been getting a vibration, buzz, or just plain weird sensation through my gas pedal to my foot. My pedal has done this since it was new. I feel this at almost any speed. Seems to be worse at higher speeds and in colder temperatures. I also feel this if i rest my foot on the pedal while coasting. It's almost as if something is rubbing against the firewall or frame and causing the vibration. Dealer has looked at it a few times, and im getting nowhere with them. I even have rubber washers behind the gas pedal assembly, and i can still feel this buzz.

2010 honda accord coupe
4 cyl auto
21,000 miles

Old 03-21-2011, 06:41 AM

Possible brake booster or booster check valve. I believe your car is drive by wire so can't be throttle cable. What did the dealer say? cannot duplicate? If so go back and insist on test drive with foreman or senior tech. Ask them if they called tech line. Thats the dealer techs resource for tough fixes. It's important for you to get them to acknowledge there is a problem. Then keep bringing it back until they get it fixed. It's a pain in the but for you, but you'll be a bigger pain in the but for them. Keep documentation and look at the lemon laws!

Old 03-21-2011, 11:58 PM

yeah, the car is drive by wire. When I told the dealership about this problem, they told me that they have had this complaint in other hondas, and that it is a normal characteristic of the vehicle. I have had it in 3 times already about this pedal. I feel as though they are not even looking into the cause of the vibration. The first time, they said they "adjusted" the gas pedal, and the other times, they just said they didnt find anything. I drove my friend's scion tc the other day to see how the pedal felt, and the difference was unbelievable. I know its another make, but i could hardly tell I had my foot on the pedal because there was absolutely nothing coming from the pedal.

Old 03-22-2011, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

You can try driving another 2010 on the dealership lot to see if it has the same problem as your accord.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:36 PM

I'm going to try to test drive a similar car in the next week or two. I noticed tonight that I can feel the different types of road textures being transmitted through the pedal as well. When holding a steady speed, the pedal feels like there are moving parts/grinding being transmitted through the pedal the entire time.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:58 AM

That would be good in a race car! I agree, drive another car just like yours.same color too. ( kidding )

Old 04-01-2011, 12:27 AM

Update
I didn't get a chance to test drive another Accord Coupe, but I did take my car to the honda dealer today. I told them about the problem, and also asked if they could look at the engine mounts and the exhaust system. When I picked up the car, they told me the mounts were stiff, so they neutralized the motor mounts. They also pulled a part of the exhaust away for the vehicle that was close to the underside of the car. They said that the wheels were balanced, and the suspension components were good. While driving the car today, it felt the same, no noticeable(positive) change.