General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Fuel Level Sender

Old 08-30-2008, 01:43 AM
Dannok
Unregistered
Default Fuel Level Sender

Hey,

Tried to live with a non functioning fuel gauge (stuckjust underfull)without much success, sooo after hopefully my last experience with running out of gas i want to rectify the problem.

I've been told to test the fuel level sender unit but to my frustration i cant seem to find exactly where this unit is and what it looks like and how to test it...

ive seen on the net some cars u need to drop the fuel tank to get to it and some u can access it from under the rear seat or connections are visible from underneath car. I really hope i dont have to drop the tank just to test a wire, i think all i have to do is ground the wire to see if guage goes to empty(?)

i would really appreciate some help on this matter

Thanks in advance!

Old 08-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Fuel Level Sender

Behind the rear seat, passenger side, under trunk floor liner, round access panel.

Unplug the 3 wire connector, turn on the key, [Fuel gauge should show empty]ground the YELLOW/White wire, the fuel gauge should start moving upwards, don't let it peg out.

This proves the gauge okay and the sending unit at fault.