General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel line leak from tank to filter

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 12:36 PM
hondamecha
Unregistered
Default Fuel line leak from tank to filter

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and would like to introduce myself, as well as ask a question about a problem I am having. I do all of my own work on all of the vehicles I have owned, currently working on my 92 honda accord 2.2 dx. I replaced the fuel pump and re soldered my main relay to fix no start problems. This car had been sitting for almost a full year, until I had the patience and funds to fix the pump and bought a soldering gun for the relay. I had a time with the tank, because I was unable to completely remove the straps until removing the tank.

when the pump was replaced and the tank was secured, I ran into an issue with one of the 8mm metal fuel lines is slowly leaking. There is a connection where the line from the filter meets the connector to the pump. Just before the connection there is a leak in the metal line where it is rusted and there is a small crack. I would like to just bve able to remove a small section and replace it with a rubber hose. I am going to buy the hose tonight and replace it in the morning. if anyone that has done something similar to this could help me with suggestions comments exact sizes and where these materials for splicing can be acquired, this would be greatly appreaciated.

trhis is something that I am doi ng soon because my other cars transmission is acting up and I need another reliable ride.

thanks very much