General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Relay Switch?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2020, 06:47 AM
Unhappy Fuel Relay Switch?

I have a 2007 Honda Accord 3.0, 6 cylinder. I started the car and the engine mount broke making the engine vibrate lke a bull in a rodeo. The engine cut it;s off with the key still turned on. I replaced the engine mount but then it would not even attempt to start, no crank. When I turned the ignition I could hear one click, I checked the starter and a connection had come loose because of the violent shaking. The engine now cranks but will not start, I thought I would check to see if fuel was getting to the engine. I sprayed starter fluid but it did not help. Is there a main fuel relay switch that I can check to see if was shut down because the car computer thought it was in a crash? Where would it be located, I cant find anything on the interent for a location of it. How can I check a simple way to check if the spark plugs are working. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I need help big time. I need my car to get to work. Please help me.

Old 06-10-2020, 04:37 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

If you tried starter fluid and it didn't crank then it's not the pump relay. You may be talking about the timing belt and by trying to start it over and over you maybe damaging it worse. If you do not know how to check or have the tools to check for spark, fuel or power I would suggest you take it to a shop. DO NOT KEEP TRYING TO START YOUR CAR!! I can't express that enough.