General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch problem!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 11:28 PM
Unregistered
Default Clutch problem!!!

Hey all... well i went to Wal-mart today... and as i was pulling out of the parking spot and my clutch got stuck on the floor and reverse was stuck too... so i turned off my car and took it out of reverse and manually moved the clutch pedal up and then the pressure went to the crapper .... its a hydrolic (<--- thats spelled wrong i know) clutch [&:].... anyone know what could be wrong?

thanks

Old 11-01-2005, 12:28 AM
Default RE: Clutch problem!!!

[&:] who knows??

gotta take a closer look to find out - tow it into the garage

Old 11-04-2005, 09:54 PM
Default RE: Clutch problem!!!

I've seen that happen on a different brand car and it was the clutch slave cyl. that went bad. How's the fluid level? Have you seen any oil spots on the driveway recently that might show a sign of it leaking fluid? Can you do a visual inspection of the slave cyl. to see if oil is leaking around it? Do these car's have a seperate container for the clutch fluid or is it shared with the brake fluid like my car is. They may be different as I'm talking about a Audi here that had this problem.
I would take a look where you put fluid in the clutch master cyl and see if it's empty or very low. It could even be the clutch master cyl. that is bad but hard saying. If the fluid was full in it I'd consider the master cyl bad, If low or empty fill it up and pump it a bit and see if you start to get any action with the clutch. If so I'd guess it's the slave cyl. and should be replaced and blead. Good luck which ever it is. Hope it's just the slave cyl. as they are pretty easy to replaceand not that expensive. (at least on most cars). Don't know if they specify those have to be pressure blead like my Audi does. It does work better but requires extra hardware to do it. In a pinch I'd get someone to help bleed it like you do to brakes. If it isn't any of these things than maybe somehow the throwout bearing got dislodged from it's mounting if that's possible with these cars or something broke in there that holds it, don't know but that means a lot of work and money, sure hope it's not that. Or maybe it's something simple like the pushrod from the slave cyl that got dislodged from the bracket that it pushes the throwout bearing with. good luck either way though.