General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Got no horn in my 1996 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Default Got no horn in my 1996 Accord

Ok, I know I most write down the model of the car, but I'm far form it right now, since it stays in my Fathers garage. In fact its his car
But, some facts, it has a four speed auto, wth low gear selection, cruise, airbag and leather seats (ok, looks like leather). Its a Sedan.
As google is my friend, seem to be an LX, but not sure at all. This Hondas are a bit rare here.

The only issue is the Horn. It wont work, No matter the button you press.
Horn fuse is ok, since its shared with brake lights which are working fine.

Previous owner said the horn worked occasionally at the end.

Read some post here and around the web, but there are many posible causes, steering wiring, horn relay and, of course ..... horns

Relay position is not clear to me, is in the fuse box or in the dash board ?. Can I take it without removing any part of the dashboard ? (guess: not).

No problemas using voltimeter, soldering, wiring. I bit frigthened to work in such complex car, and it's not mine to make it worse

Many thanks in advance

cheers.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:29 PM
Super Moderator

Do you have a volt meter? That will help identify the problem, but will take some patience.

The relay is under the driver's dash but not in the fuse box.

If you go to the common diy thread on top of the gen tech help forum, there is a link to online shop manuals where you can download a 94 shop manual that is pretty much the same as your 96 accord.