General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grinding Noise!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 09:54 PM
encan
Unregistered
Default Grinding Noise!

Hi everybody. This is my first post and it is about a problem my car has.

I have a 95 accord coupe. I just bought it and it is making a grinding noise. I will try to explain in detail.

The noise seems like coming from rear right wheel. Usually i think it happens whentime for new brake pads comes. But my car doesnt do that all thetime.It does it when i am am breaking. It alsosometimes does iteven if irelease the breaks.Mainly whenmoving very slow. Right beforecoming to a stopor right after starting to move. I also noticed that the break disk for this wheel is not wearing as smoothly as the other ones. There issome kind of a texture on the disk where the pads are touching.

I am planning to go to have a check up but i wanted to have an idea of the problem before i go.

If anybody have an opinion, i would appriciate to hear. Thank you.

Old 03-03-2007, 10:32 PM
Default RE: Grinding Noise!

is it 4 wheel disc brakes? if so then sounds like you might need a rotor resurfacing and have the caliper checked.

Old 03-08-2007, 02:19 AM
encan
Unregistered

Yes it has 4 break disks. would there be another reason for this kind of noise??

Old 03-08-2007, 03:51 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I would advice that you remove the wheel and inspect the pads and rotor ,,if you need pads, they are real easy to replace ,,

keep us posted ..
And please input year and model in your signature so we will always know what you need help on,,