General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Half added factory sunroof

Old 03-29-2016, 07:24 PM
Default Half added factory sunroof

As a master certified tech with with 23 years experience this is the probably the biggest nightmare I have worked on. The sunroof on my sons 93 accord lx was broke last week. I pulled a complete sunroof glass, track and motor from a you pull it and we put it in over the weekend. It has never worked since we got the car but for a $500 first car we didn't worry too much about it at the time. With the headliner down this was the time to diag why it didn't work. Have no power to the motor but if I jumper the motor with a battery it will open and close. Both fuses are good. Went to check the relays and there are none. No relays, no place for relays, no wiring, nothing. I checked my 93 ex and they are right on top of the fuse block where they are supposed to be. We also noticed as the trim panels came down that the complete roof had been cut off and welded back on. Don't know exact specifics but I'm wondering if the car originally came with a sunroof or not. The plug in for the sunroof switch is there and plugged in. Has anyone been into the dash far enough to tell me if the sunroof harness is separate or built directly into the main dash harness? Realistically It wouldn't be that hard to pull the rest of the harness from the you pull it yard. Just want to know what to plan on. thanks
Nick

Old 03-29-2016, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator

There are relays and fuses for the roof, but I think your answer lies within the trim level, I don't think the LX trim level came with a sunroof. Your EX did. Here is a diagram.

Attached Thumbnails Half added factory sunroof-sunroof.jpg  
Old 03-29-2016, 08:14 PM

My 90 DX had fuses for the sunroof also. I think they all put them in regardless of level. Either way there is no relay connector under the dash, probably because it didn't have one originally. My question was if the relay harness was separate or part of the main dash harness.

Old 03-29-2016, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

The moonroof harness was a separate harness that came on the EX trim levels,Honda Part No.: 32156-SM4-A01.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by redbull-1
The moonroof harness was a separate harness that came on the EX trim levels,Honda Part No.: 32156-SM4-A01.
Thanks. That's what I was hoping to hear.