General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handling Issue - Snow

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Handling Issue - Snow

I have an 06 Accord Sedan, no VSA. We have been hit with the first brush of winter weather here in Western NY this week and over the weekend, I experienced something I've never seen the car do before. I'll preface this by stating these facts: I had it serviced less than 2 weeks ago and had the tranny serviced (after 87k, the Maintenance Minder never gave the code to do so but I felt that since I was going into my 5th winter with this car, it would be a good idea to get new fluid in the tranny). So the oil and tranny fluid are good, the car gets through the service with no problems, and in the week since then, there were no problems whatsoever. I put new tires on the car back in May, Goodyear Assurance Triple-Treads which have handled the dry roads and wet roads extremely well. I'm driving on a 2 lane road the other day that looked like the salt truck just went over it, it was light snow falling and the road was wet. Well, the car then acts like its going over a bump when there wasn't one and just continues as normal. I had my foot on the gas and was going a constant speed and steering straight. There was no movement on the tacho and the engine didn't make any unusual noises. There were no wierd noises coming from the wheels, outside of normal road noise, and no warning lights came on on the dashboard either. I asked a couple people about this and the conclusion that I've been told is that I may have slipped on a patch of ice and when the tires were able to grip the road again, it caused this feeling like I was going over a bump but there wasn't any. This has since happened a few more times since the other day with no pattern, just random and the roads have been crappy. Any thoughts???

Old 12-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Did they flush & change tranny filter or transmission fliud added only?

Old 12-06-2010, 11:28 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng
Did they flush & change tranny filter or transmission fliud added only?
As far as I know, they flushed it, they charged me $70.00 for the work, I was told they drop the pan and clean the metal shavings off the magnet in the pan and put in new fluid. Its the job they would do if the "Code 3" had come up in the Maintenance Minder but that never happened. I'll admit that I drive like a snail, I've never even seen my tacho hit 4000rpm, so I probably could have waited even longer to have had that done, but I figured I was going into a 5th winter with the car and it wouldn't hurt.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:58 AM
Administrator

Sounds like they did what they said on the tranny fluid screen and change...