General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headlight replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 10:38 AM
LAEXACCORDGUY
Unregistered
Default headlight replacement

how's it going. I need to replace my passenger side head light and I couldn't find a DIY. I do not need to repalce the entire housing bracket just the head light itself. It appears that the previous owner did not install the bulb correctly and the heat from the bulb melted the plastic hole where the bulb is fastened into preventing the buld from properly securing. Even the outter mechanism that used to hold and tighten the buld into place it still is very loose causing my light beam to shoot upward. Do I need to remove the front bumper in order to remove the headlight?

Also, regarding a HID kit for my 91. I attempted to installa 9006 HID kit but the HID bulbs would not turn on, and I have used this particular kit on another car so I know the ballast and bulbs work fine. Is this car too old for an HID kit?

Thanks.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: headlight replacement

ORIGINAL: LAEXACCORDGUY

how's it going. I need to replace my passenger side head light and I couldn't find a DIY. I do not need to repalce the entire housing bracket just the head light itself. It appears that the previous owner did not install the bulb correctly and the heat from the bulb melted the plastic hole where the bulb is fastened into preventing the buld from properly securing. Even the outter mechanism that used to hold and tighten the buld into place it still is very loose causing my light beam to shoot upward. Do I need to remove the front bumper in order to remove the headlight?

Also, regarding a HID kit for my 91. I attempted to installa 9006 HID kit but the HID bulbs would not turn on, and I have used this particular kit on another car so I know the ballast and bulbs work fine. Is this car too old for an HID kit?

Thanks.
The headlights are one unit (reflectors, lens and brackets) attached with 10mm bolts. You will more than likely need to remove the front bumper cover to remove the light.

As for the HIDs, as long as you can supply 35W to the ballasts and the bulbs fit in the housings, HID can be added to any car. Something is wrong in the wiring that they won't turn on.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:10 AM
LAEXACCORDGUY
Unregistered

thank you for this info.

Old 06-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

No problem, it's what were here for!