General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help. Car Does not start

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 10:05 PM
Default Help. Car Does not start

The car cranks but does not start. It was working 12 hours prior to me finding out it does not start. Im the only person that drives the car. The car was on low fuel last night but i filled it up with the 93 octane that was in the garden shed (filled like a gallon.) Bad move?

I dont have an obd reader so i will read the code tomorrow

What I will do tomorrow.

- open the fuel pipe feed line to see if there is fuel being fed to the engine
- check the crank sensor to take out then put back
- maybe replace the distributor?

What I was told to check/finished

- Friend boosted the car. Even tried to rev the car as I started it. Still nothing.
- Sprayed some starting fluid in the CAI pipe
- Spark plug test confirms that all wires causes the spare spark plug to spark. The colour however is orange.
- Car seems to crank normal. It's not slow.
- The main relay makes a click when i the key is on second position and clicks when the car is off
- The pump makes a sound when the key is turned the II position. The buzz/vibrating like sound lasts for 2-3 seconds
- Checked all fuses for continuity
- Fuel pump fuse is working
- After applying the starting spray inside the intake pipe, I checked the spark plugs and they smell like the spray/fuel. So the air is working.
- Spark plugs are new (1 month old. Gap is to spec)
- There is fuel in the gas tank.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:51 AM

Is the ecu giving you any codes? Check them even if there is no CEL (check engine light).

Seems like you've checked everything but think over what you've already checked if maybe you got a false reading or something. Your starter for instance could be bad.

Old 04-13-2013, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

Can you tell us more about the car? Like what year and engine.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:13 PM

Update: So this is what happened. The day after, I turned on the car without much luck before work. When I got back home with my uncles OBD, I turned on the car without even getting the chance to read any codes and it just ran like a horse. I was stumped... I suppose it was meant for me not to attend the party last night after all

Fixed!

The car was an 01 LX 4dr vtec MT

Old 04-13-2013, 11:25 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by lmrj0030
Update: So this is what happened. The day after, I turned on the car without much luck before work. When I got back home with my uncles OBD, I turned on the car without even getting the chance to read any codes and it just ran like a horse. I was stumped... I suppose it was meant for me not to attend the party last night after all

Fixed!

The car was an 01 LX 4dr vtec MT
Or it could be an intermittent problem... (Hope it was just a one time thing!)

Old 04-15-2013, 09:18 AM

its not fixed, it will happen again, I have the same problem and can't figure it out