General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me figure out the problem !

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 06:31 PM
Default Help me figure out the problem !

Bought 1994 Honda Accord EX, manual transmission... with 189000 miles a couple weeks ago.
Yesterday, I noticed that I when I start the car, put it in first gear and begin to drive, the engine shows a bit of reluctance to run at approx. 1200-1300 rpm before it begins to run energetically and smooth. During that reluctance period though, car shakes a little, and those vibrations are similar to the ones that one would experience driving uphill in 5th gear, where car cannot work against the upslope in that gear.

Is this happening because I am not giving enuf gas or is there any contaminants accumulating in the fuel line that keep the engine from firing up correctly? Is there any fluid or cleaner available that I can put in the gas tank while fueling the car, which will clean the entire fuel line ?

Thanks for the replies in advance !

Old 08-23-2006, 10:21 PM
truviking
Unregistered
Default RE: Help me figure out the problem !

Have you had a tune up lately? There are all types of fuel additives but I recommend STP Super concertrated. Thats the quick way so if that does not work try replacing the fuel filter.

Old 08-23-2006, 10:50 PM

you are probally letting out the clutch too fast and giving it jus a lil too much gas....

Old 09-10-2006, 12:04 AM
Administrator

Hi Member...
When was the last time you changed your spark plugs? and did you remember to gap them?

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

ORIGINAL: abhijitgp

Bought 1994 Honda Accord EX, manual transmission... with 189000 miles a couple weeks ago.
Yesterday, I noticed that I when I start the car, put it in first gear and begin to drive, the engine shows a bit of reluctance to run at approx. 1200-1300 rpm before it begins to run energetically and smooth. During that reluctance period though, car shakes a little, and those vibrations are similar to the ones that one would experience driving uphill in 5th gear, where car cannot work against the upslope in that gear.

Is this happening because I am not giving enuf gas or is there any contaminants accumulating in the fuel line that keep the engine from firing up correctly? Is there any fluid or cleaner available that I can put in the gas tank while fueling the car, which will clean the entire fuel line ?

Thanks for the replies in advance !