General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! My Axle in my 05 Accord broke!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 06:39 PM
Default Help! My Axle in my 05 Accord broke!

Hi Everyone, I have an emergency and I'm trying to figure out what the most cost effective route I should go. In the midst of doing a U turn in the middle of the street my passenger side axle gave out.

Anyway, where can I purchase an aftermarket passenger side axle? and how much do they typically run? I'm in the Northern NJ area.

My car is a 2005 Honda Accord EX coupe.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:04 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kmg1
Hi Everyone, I have an emergency and I'm trying to figure out what the most cost effective route I should go. In the midst of doing a U turn in the middle of the street my passenger side axle gave out.

Anyway, where can I purchase an aftermarket passenger side axle? and how much do they typically run? I'm in the Northern NJ area.

My car is a 2005 Honda Accord EX coupe.
Most auto parts stores from AutoZone and Napa on up, carry replacement axles. Prices range from $70 per side to as much as $250 (or more if you want Honda units). Generally speaking, you want to avoid rebuilt or remanufactured axles; even "New" axles vary greatly in price and quality. The consensus here is that the folks from Raxles.com sell the best aftermarket units, and their quality is considered to be roughly on par with Honda units. New middle of the road axles from say Napa will run you about $100 per side.

Old 09-22-2014, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by shipo
Most auto parts stores from AutoZone and Napa on up, carry replacement axles. Prices range from $70 per side to as much as $250 (or more if you want Honda units). Generally speaking, you want to avoid rebuilt or remanufactured axles; even "New" axles vary greatly in price and quality. The consensus here is that the folks from Raxles.com sell the best aftermarket units, and their quality is considered to be roughly on par with Honda units. New middle of the road axles from say Napa will run you about $100 per side.
Thank you!