General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Help needed: Passenger door wont open.

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 07:36 PM
smoothoperator
Unregistered
Default Help needed: Passenger door wont open.

2001 4 door accord v6

two weeks ago my passenger door became jammed somehow (no physical damage or internal electrical problems (that i know of)) and i haven't been able to open it. the lock is stuck in the locked position and wont budge no matter how hard i try. using the key doesn't work either. when i unlock the doors using the button, the passenger door's lock shifts up and down a very negligable amount, but nothing else happens.

i thought about checking the fuse box to see if anything was blown, but that requires opening the passenger door (very intuitive...yeah right).

any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

thanks.

Old 01-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Default RE: Help needed: Passenger door wont open.

if the door lock moves a slight amount and then back I'd imagine the fuse is fine, and even if it was a blown fuse the key should work or you should be able to unlock it from the inside.... if all of those options have failed it sounds like it's either jammed really good or perhaps the actuator messed up, have someone from the outside of the car press the door in and try to unlock it, if that doesn't work try unlocking the door as you are pulling the door handle to open it... if that still doesn't work then you could be on to some major pain in the rear issues....

Old 01-30-2007, 09:00 PM
smoothoperator
Unregistered
Default RE: Help needed: Passenger door wont open.

i'll give those a try...hopefully this will work though i sincerely doubt it. god, the last thing i want to do is bring my car into the incompetance that is my local Honda Motors fix-up palce.