General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Help with Wipers ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 10:31 PM
dflynn12
Unregistered
Default Help with Wipers ASAP

My wife hasa 94 honda accord sedan. She was leaving work today and it was raining. She flipped on her wipers and they went to the middle of the window and stopped. The motor continues to run but the wipers do not move. If you move them with your hand they move very freely like they have become disconnected from the motor. I can see what looks to be a bar moving up and down with the sound of the wiper motor. I am assuming that has just become disconnected. I need instruction for how to get all the plastic stuff off so I can get to this bar and wiper motor and hopefully get it reconnected. Her car is basically undrivable when it rains and rain is a daily problem in these parts. Please help

Old 09-13-2006, 11:08 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Help with Wipers ASAP

ORIGINAL: dflynn12

My wife hasa 94 honda accord sedan. She was leaving work today and it was raining. She flipped on her wipers and they went to the middle of the window and stopped. The motor continues to run but the wipers do not move. If you move them with your hand they move very freely like they have become disconnected from the motor. I can see what looks to be a bar moving up and down with the sound of the wiper motor. I am assuming that has just become disconnected. I need instruction for how to get all the plastic stuff off so I can get to this bar and wiper motor and hopefully get it reconnected. Her car is basically undrivable when it rains and rain is a daily problem in these parts. Please help
chk the nut that attaches the arm to the linkage ,, it is either 12 or 14 mm,, if it is loose, tighten it ,,,,,turn wipers off, position the arm as if it were parked and tighten the nuts,,,,,,,if the nuts are tight ,, you might have a (worn , broken ) arm linkage .. for that you need to remove the cowl and chk it out