General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

HVAC System issue 2005 Accord V6 w/Navi

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 01:21 PM
Default HVAC System issue 2005 Accord V6 w/Navi

Ok so this is puzzling... My Accord is a 2005 EX-L V6 with Navigation. I had downgraded to the regular stereo with dual climate control. Everything in the climate control works fine. Now that I put it all back together with the Navigation unit. The upper display has the temp indicators flashing and when I hit the A/C menu button nothing happens. The system blows normal temp air (no air conditioning). I ran the diagnostic and it came back with the driver side came back with 88 and passenger side the top upper left and upper right lines showed. I took everything apart and hooked up the base radio and climate control now everything including AC works like normal. What could be the issue? Anyone have a similar issue?

Here’s a link to the video I shot.

Old 04-21-2021, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Since the HVAC is working with the original unit and not the replacement unit, I'd lean towards a problem with the replacement unit. The replacement unit may have a different pin configuration vs the original, or this could be something with the MICU communicating with your replacement unit.

Why were you replacing the original unit?

Old 04-21-2021, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by PAhonda
Since the HVAC is working with the original unit and not the replacement unit, I'd lean towards a problem with the replacement unit. The replacement unit may have a different pin configuration vs the original, or this could be something with the MICU communicating with your replacement unit.

Why were you replacing the original unit?
Well originally the car was equipped from the factory with the Navigation. The unit that was in there the dvd and screen stopped working so I got rid of it and replaced it with the non Navi unit. Now I purchased another unit from the same year accord and I’m getting this error message. Put the non Navi back in and it goes away and everything works perfectly normal. No error codes or anything.