General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

idle vibration in new 2013 accord ex auto cvt 4 cylinder

Old 04-03-2014, 01:09 AM

I just bought a 2013 accord automatic ex and I have the same problem. Vibration on steering wheels, driver seats, handrest, dashboard. I took it in the dealer but the service advisor it is bec I use premium gas instead of regular gas #87. I told him that in the owners manual recommend #87 or higher octane. This guy trying to mislead me that this accord is designed to use #87.
This is my first visit in this forum and I am surprised to know that some people have the same issue with their accords... I suggest we must call Honda America and report this issue so they will make a decision to have a RECALL. This vibration issue really makes the driver uncomfortable and it is very annoying...

Old 04-03-2014, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by newHondaUser
I recently bought 2013 accord. From the first day, I feel vibration on steering, dashboard, driver seat when the car is stopped at traffic light . I can feel the vibration on drive/reverse gear and more during cold start in the morning. Neutral appears fine
What can be the reason and how to fix it.

2013 Accord Ex 4 cylinder cvt
Is your Honda accord still has this problem? Did the dealer fix it? Did u report to American Honda manufacturer? Please reply because I have the same problem with my 2013 Accord... Thanks.

Old 04-03-2014, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by HS1330
I took my sport back to the dealer and they confirmed the vibration when RPMs drop below 750. Here is what we tried: idle reset, which is idling the car in drive until the fan cycles on and off two times. This did not resolve the issue. They then replaced two mounts, 1 motor and 1 transmission, this also did not resolve the issue. I plan on taking it back again to see what else can be done. I know if you turn the head lights or run the AC it will put enough load on the engine to cause the RPMs to go just above 750 and the idle becomes smooth. The dealer however does not want to change the idle speed as it would most likely change the gas mileage.
I have the same problem with my ex 2013 accord with 12000 miles. on a stopped in a traffic light with the shifter on D drive, I can feel the vibration in steering wheel, driver seats, etc... It makes me dizzy and it uncomfortable and annoying. Let's call and report to Honda manufacturer so they will make a decision to recall...

Old 04-05-2014, 11:14 AM
Newest Of Newbies

My 2013 also has a slight but not unacceptable vibration at idle, I use mid grade fuel if it's only 10 cents a gallon more as I feel I get the 1 mpg increase for payback, I have also read that direct injection engines do idle slightly rougher and make slightly more noise at idle. The owners manual also says to use "top tier" fuels due to the types and quantity of additives, a simple web search will provide a list of brands and more info.

Old 04-06-2014, 07:01 PM

I'm planning to pour Techron fuel additives by Chevron in gas tank, hoping this will eliminate the vibration. Let me know if there's a better brand I could use. I already reported issue to American Honda manufacturer in Torrance, Ca. Their phone number is in the warranty booklet. I will post next time the number.

Old 04-02-2015, 07:24 PM
Default 2014 honda accord vibrant problem too

I have the same problem with my honda accord. I bought it last week with 15k mile. The car have this annoying vibration on the seat and steering wheel when idling is Drive and revise but seem find in park and neutral. Do any one have any new update on how to fix this problem. Thanks

Old 08-30-2019, 05:10 PM
Smile 2013 accord sport idle vibration

ALL -
I own a 2013 Accord Sport. It currently has 103,000 miles and exhibited the same vibrations in D and R as everyone stated on this forum. It had a slight vibration in Park and Neutral, but I didn't notice it as much. The A/C also caused the rpms to raise slightly. When the car is put into D or R, mine actually idled at about 850 with the A/C on and about 600 with it off, and this is when it vibrates the most. This is not normal, it should momentarily jump a little and remain at about 850. I decided to clean my throttle body after much research with this car, and past Nissans and Toyotas I've done the same and had great results. Since most late model cars are now drive by wire throttles, they will adjust for dirt and carbon build up, but not forever. Eventually this causes a rough idle. I spent $10 on a green scotch brite scrubbing pad and throttle body cleaner at autozone. My car barely makes any noise, much less vibration, this will most likely fix the problem for most. Make sure you use "Throttle Body" cleaner, or you risk damaging your throttle body. It is very important to remove the throttle body, since the backside of the throttle plate will be the dirtiest, which you can't see until removed. I've attached a link to a youtube video for removal of a 9th gen accord 2.4L earthdreams throttle body. I've also attached a link for the proper cleaning of a throttle body. This whole job took me about 1 hr and 30 min. I spent 30 min cleaning the crap out of it until it looked shiny and new again.

- 9th GEN accord 2.4L throttle body removal video.

- Proper throttle body cleaning procedures.

Hope this helps everyone,

John

Old Yesterday, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by newHondaUser
I recently bought 2013 accord. From the first day, I feel vibration on steering, dashboard, driver seat when the car is stopped at traffic light . I can feel the vibration on drive/reverse gear and more during cold start in the morning. Neutral appears fine
What can be the reason and how to fix it.

2013 Accord Ex 4 cylinder cvt
Engine vibration at lights and you can feel the bump you just went over way more, that's good ole motor mounts. Front and passenger. But just change all five em them n get it over with.