General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Install Front License Plate

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 08:14 PM
Default Install Front License Plate

I bought new Honda Accord. I have moved to a state where it is mandatory to have front license plate installed. I don't know how to install the license plate on the front (no information available in the user manual). Honda dealer had provided me the bracket (which was in the trunk) but I need to know how to fix the license plate using that bracket. Do I need to drill the bumper for this? Do I need to go to the dealer to get it fixed? Please advice.

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:14 PM
Newest Of Newbies

yea you need to drill into the bumper... usually it comes with wholes already in the bumper but i guess not in your case

Old 06-14-2012, 11:22 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by shreevatsau
I bought new Honda Accord. I have moved to a state where it is mandatory to have front license plate installed. I don't know how to install the license plate on the front (no information available in the user manual). Honda dealer had provided me the bracket (which was in the trunk) but I need to know how to fix the license plate using that bracket. Do I need to drill the bumper for this? Do I need to go to the dealer to get it fixed? Please advice.

Thanks in advance.
What year is your car?

There is no need to drill the bumper. There is a mounting kit with clips, etc. that the dealer should have supplied.

Let me know what year and I will post the info.

Old 06-15-2012, 06:31 AM

Thanks for the info. I have a 2012 accord LX

Old 06-15-2012, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by shreevatsau
Thanks for the info. I have a 2012 accord LX
The attached pic. is part of the Pre-Delivery Inspection instructions for dealers. Usually, the dealer should install it for no charge. If your car didn't come with all the parts shown in the attached pic, contact the dealer and they should order it for you for no charge.

There is no drilling, cutting, etc. required.

Attached Thumbnails Install Front License Plate-front-license-plate.jpg  
Old 06-15-2012, 09:14 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I have an 09 accord and mine came with the mounting stuff and the bracket and my bumper has no holes either. When I put my euro plate on the front I had to use double sided tape...which worked perfectly. But I don't suggest you do that lol u would call Honda...

Old 06-15-2012, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by blackout09
I have an 09 accord and mine came with the mounting stuff and the bracket and my bumper has no holes either. When I put my euro plate on the front I had to use double sided tape...which worked perfectly. But I don't suggest you do that lol u would call Honda...

See above for installation...

Old 06-15-2012, 09:54 AM

Thanks so much redbull-1. This is a great help. I do have the mounting kit with clips but don't have the screws for the plates which I can manage. Thanks again.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:08 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by redbull-1
See above for installation...
I don't need a front plate but thanks anyways

Old 05-27-2013, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by redbull-1
The attached pic. is part of the Pre-Delivery Inspection instructions for dealers. Usually, the dealer should install it for no charge. If your car didn't come with all the parts shown in the attached pic, contact the dealer and they should order it for you for no charge.

There is no drilling, cutting, etc. required.
Do you know the part no. for this item for a 2012 Accord EX-L 4 Door? I bought this used and do not see the these parts anywhere.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Install Front License Plate