General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior Lights 07 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 08:59 AM
Default Interior Lights 07 Accord

It may be lame but I'm a perfectionist. I just recently bought a slightly used 07 Accord EX-L V6... fully loaded. However, the light stopped working that illuminates the button near the shift selector that activates the heated seats (only my driver side seat button). I want to replace the light but don't know how to get to it. I HATE breaking factory seals in nice cars cause it never goes back right and then thats where rattles and stuff come from. Any idea of the most efficient way to get to it so I can replace that light?

Old 01-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

The center console panel is just held on with clips, you might be able to just pull it up by hand. The switch is held in with two screws. There are three bulbs.

Depending on whether the car is manual transmission (stick shift), you may or may not need to remove the shift ****. I kind of doubt it. If necessary, just pull shift boot down a little, to get access to press the tabs to release the boot, then **** just twists off.

Attached Thumbnails Interior Lights 07 Accord-center-console-panel.jpg   Interior Lights 07 Accord-seat-heater-switch.jpg   Interior Lights 07 Accord-stick-shfit.jpg  
Old 01-10-2011, 06:43 PM

Just wanted to say thank you for your response... and I don't mean to belabor you... your help is appreciated.. but I tried pulling up the little faux woodgrain 'panel' that surrounds the 'shift selector' (it is an automatic)... The front part of that thing will sort of just pull right up but the back part of it won't lift out... and I'm afraid to break it trying to pull it off... every other panel in the vecinity seems attached really well... and I don't think those would would be the access areas anyway... i just can't seem to get that little panel off. Any suggestions? Or should I just take it up to the Honda place and get it replaced... (I might need to go up there anyways cause the passenger seat warmer doesn't seem to be working already... luckily I have warranty) Thank you!

Old 01-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

If you're under warranty, have the dealer do it. The bulbs for the switch looks like a dealer parts item anyway.

Some of the Honda plastic parts are sturdier than what it seems like. I've pulled panels out before that came off with a loud sound and made me think something broke; but, it just turned out to be the clips causing the noise with no damage.