General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just got a 2000 accord, and need input

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default just got a 2000 accord, and need input

Hi, new to Honda's , my family usually buys Toyota's and Nissan's, i recently owned a 04 nissan altima , but just 2 weeks ago it got totaled in a wreak...but anyways i had to pick between honda accord , and a toytota 4runner...lol so obviously i picked the 2000 accord , as my next project car, well im trying to get to the point , does the accord have any defects, for example my altima had some fuel pump problems; if so what , ohh and i was thinking of changing the headlights to xenon headlights, has anyone attempted to try this, if so , how did it work out for you ? I'm just looking for some input on this car, if anyone's will to give advice , ill gladly take it thanks

Old 06-13-2010, 11:48 PM
Administrator
Lightbulb Hello New Member

Welcome to the HAF..

Start out by reading the post directions in each forum
and then go to the search pull downs up top and ask those
questions in there to see what comes up..

There are thousands of answers in the search section..use them

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails just got a 2000 accord, and need input-later.gif  
Old 06-14-2010, 02:30 AM
Super Moderator

The 98-02 accords had automatic transmission problems. There are a lot of posts on here about it. The V6 accords seem to show up on here more often, but the I4 transmissions had issues too.

The manual transmissions are pretty solid on the accords.

Old 06-07-2021, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by eurotuner
Hi, new to Honda's , my family usually buys Toyota's and Nissan's, i recently owned a 04 nissan altima , but just 2 weeks ago it got totaled in a wreak...but anyways i had to pick between honda accord , and a toytota 4runner...lol so obviously i picked the 2000 accord , as my next project car, well im trying to get to the point , does the accord have any defects, for example my altima had some fuel pump problems; if so what , ohh and i was thinking of changing the headlights to xenon headlights, has anyone attempted to try this, if so , how did it work out for you ? I'm just looking for some input on this car, if anyone's will to give advice , ill gladly take it thanks
I own a 1999 Honda Accord LX 2.3l VTEC with a 5 speed tranny and one of the first things I realized is that the EGR port from the intake manifold to the EGR valve itself was completely clogged with carbon buildup. A quick Google search and I found out that this is a very common problem with these model accords. It wasn't a hard fix it took a lot longer to clean everything than it did to take it apart and put it back together.