General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

lights on center console OUT - HELP

Old 11-06-2006, 11:47 PM
tubbybrown
Unregistered
Default lights on center console OUT - HELP

I have an '03 Accord EX. The radio still plays, the heat still works, but the light has gone out. It's not the dimmer switch, because I turned it and it didn't light back up. Since the radio, etc is still working, I know a fuse is not blown. Anyone have any suggestions on what this could be?

Thx!

Old 11-07-2006, 01:37 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: lights on center console OUT - HELP

common problem and and if you are really wanting it fixed, it will cost you one of the following

$800

or

$0

You will need to call HOA and ask them to cover it under goodwill after you have the dealer diag the problem

Old 11-07-2006, 10:10 AM
tubbybrown
Unregistered

So I now understand! I did more research and your right! I guess there is a bulletin out on this and because its reoccuring Honda is supposed to cover it at no cost. I surely plan on trying myself because I don't want to cough over $500-$800 for that.

Thx for the information!

Old 11-14-2006, 04:08 PM
cambonicky
Unregistered

I have the same problem. I parked my car then run inside the house when I'm come back and start the engine the center console start not light up. I wounder how did you guy fixed it? Please let me know if you have the way to deal with it.
cambonicky@yahoo.com

Old 11-14-2006, 05:26 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

see my previous post.

Old 11-16-2006, 02:36 PM
cambonicky
Unregistered

Called HOA they told me to bring for deal to do diag first then they try to claim that my car out of warranty so they want to see the diag from dealer frist. One more thing that struck me, they said even after diag they are not sure they will repalce the goodwill for me plug I call deal to do the diag alone they cost me $120, that not fair I have to pay something that have alert as Bulletin. Is it any way you guy give me and idea to get everything for free.