General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lock actuator replacement - bolt stripping

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by TexasHonda
You can find M6 or M4 bolts at hardware or auto parts stores.

Check youtube video "How to Install Replace Rear Power Door Lock Actuator Honda Accord 94-97 1AAuto.com". This should be very similar to yours.

good luck
Thanks, TH. I didn't know/think that these might be a standard bold. I'll check out the local Home Depot or Pep Boys.

As far as the video, I've watched that 1AAuto video on YouTube numberous times and felt that I have a pretty good idea of the steps. What gave me pause was the earlier post that said I might not need to remove the latch. Since the Accord in the video was a 94-97 I wasn't entirely sure if the steps would be the same. I plan to proceed following the instructions presented in that video and I'll be sure to post my results.

Thanks again to you and all of the other posters who took the time to help me by replying to my thread.

Take care -
Jim

Old 12-09-2011, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator

This link includes instructions I posted on removing the front actuator without removing the latch on 94-97 Accords fronts. I am not sure of the 6th gen Accords, which is why I stated so.

94-97 Accord D.S. Lock Actuator - Microswitch Repair/Reset? - Honda-Tech

Old 12-09-2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by redbull-1
This link includes instructions I posted on removing the front actuator without removing the latch on 94-97 Accords fronts. I am not sure of the 6th gen Accords, which is why I stated so.

94-97 Accord D.S. Lock Actuator - Microswitch Repair/Reset? - Honda-Tech
Thanks, Redbull. I just read your other thread. Great write up!

I really appreciate your help and hope I didn't imply anything other than what you wrote. I've never done this before and all of the instructions
I could find were for earlier model Accords. I assumed (that being the key word) that it would be the same in my 2002, but your post got me thinking and made me realize that they might not be the same.

Take care
Jim

Old 12-20-2019, 04:18 PM

Apologies for necro'ing this old thread, but wanted to add that I ran into this problem today on my 2000 Honda Accord. Same deal, top two bolts came off, bottom bolt wouldn't budge.

Center punch didn't help, but I was able to remove it with a screw extractor kit and an OK-but-not-great drill. Specifically the kit I ended up using and was AMAZED that it worked was called "Speedout Titanium" but I imagine any reputable kit will be worth a try.

Just wanted to add in case this is helpful for anyone currently trying to solve this dilemma!

Old 12-20-2019, 05:47 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I've never gotten that kit to work. I was also work on a hard screw that I could heat up because to much plastic was around it