General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Low Tire Pressure Warning Light Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 08:19 PM
Default Low Tire Pressure Warning Light Question

Today I had the low tire pressure warnng light come on four or five times. Each time it was after 50 miles or so, I stopped, checked the pressures, all OK, reset the warning light. The last time I drove over 100 miles without it coming on. When I got home I waited a few hours to make sure the tires were cool. All the pressures were good. 33 front, 32 rear, the recommended pressures. I should add, I checked the tires about five days ago, they all were over inflated by about 4psi. I bled out the excess. I had added air to them last winter when it was sub zero. So it makes sense that the pressure was a bit high. I know I'm bad for waiting so long to check the pressures again. The waring light always comes on a day or so after I rotate the tires and when I got new ones. Any Ideas?

Thanks

Dan

14 Accord 4 door, 4 cyl 6 speed
65 Corvair Convertible

Old 06-24-2017, 09:20 PM
Super Moderator

This is part of Honda Service News info.

Your 2014 Accord comes with an indirect TPMS that doesn’t use tire pressure sensors mounted inside the tires. Instead, it uses the existing VSA wheel speed sensors to monitor and compare tire characteristics while driving.

Calibration
For the system to work right, this process must be done anytime you do the following:
• Adjust pressure in one or more tires
• Rotate tires
• Replace one or more tires
• Replace or update the VSA-modulator control unit

Normal Conditions
• It comes on for a few seconds when you turn on the ignition. This is just part of the bulb check.
• It comes on for 2 seconds, and then goes off if the vehicle isn’t moved 45 seconds after turning on the ignition. This just means the system is still calibrating.

Abnormal Conditions
• It comes on and stays on if one or more tire pressures are very low or the system hasn’t been calibrated. If this happens, the vehicle should be stopped in a safe place, the tire pressures checked and adjusted if needed, and the calibration process started.
• It blinks for about 1 minute, then stays on if the compact spare is mounted or there’s a problem with the TPMS. If the spare is mounted, the regular tire should be repaired or replaced and mounted as soon as possible, and the calibration process started. If the spare isn’t mounted, the calibration process should be started and the system checked.

Old 06-24-2017, 09:31 PM

Thanks Redbull-1. I should have reset it after I adjusted the air pressures early this week.

Something odd I noticed was three of the tires wee made in USA and one in made in Romania. These are replacement Continentals bought at the same time. You would think they would get the tires form the same location, not some from the States and then other from Europe.