General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maintenance required light.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 08:15 AM
KITTANNINGGUY
Unregistered
Question Maintenance required light.

I have a 99 accord 4 cyl, 195,000 miles. Car runs fine except when you are driving down the road there will be a clickfrom the dash area, the car will hesitate for a split second, and the maintenance required light will come on for a second then go out. No check engine light! Then the car continues on its way. Talked to my local mechanic- he has never heard of this before in his 30+ years. ANY IDEAS????All recalls have been taken care of. A month ago I had to replace fuel lines (rust). They were custom bent, not Honda replacements. Also replaced the canister and purge valves both on the canister and in engine compartment. I was getting the error code for leak at evap canister. Check engine light has stayed off. The maint reqd light is to remind you that maintenance is needed. I have read the manuals (Honda and Haynes) can't find any mention other than a reminder. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

Old 10-08-2009, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

I've never heard of the maintenance reminder being used for anything other than a mileage reminder.

If your ignition switch is just beginning to get flaky, then maybe what you're seeing is a momentary switch-off then right back on. Hesitation, then the car goes thru it's 2-second bulb-check sequence. Can you make it happen by wiggling the key?