General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

misfire on 2005 v6

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 12:24 AM
Default misfire on 2005 v6

Hi everybody. Let me first start off by saying that this is my first post and that thisseems like a very nice forum.I have a question that I am hoping somebody can give some advice on. I have a 2005 accord v6 sedan which my wife drives. The car just turned 37k miles.The check engine light came on and she took it down to autozone to have the code pulled. She forgot what the code was but she stated that the she was told that it was a misfire on all 6 cylinders. From what I searched, there is no way to rerieve the code without a scan tool (if I'm incorrect, please point me in the right direction). I have the car schedule to go to the dealership this friday but from past experiences, I don't really trust this dealer and going to another oneat the current time is not an option. Do you guys happen to have maybe any suggestions as to what could be the issue. Everything on the car seems to be working like normal; no weird sounds, no hesistation, nothing. I don't know if this might be related to the situation but 2 days before the light came on, I took the car down to circuit city to havea remote start unit installed. They were unable to get the system to start the car and removed it. I know the description is vague so any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
thank you
Mike

Old 01-11-2007, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: misfire on 2005 v6

Kinda hard to come up with an accurate guess without having the actual code.
You should still be within the 3/36kmile warranty if you ask for "service goodwill" consideration.
Fuel pressure regulator can cause this problem if the code was P0300, bad gas, or a fault in the V-tec system. Freeze frame data that is stored in the computer is needed for the correct diagnostic.