General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Misfiring 01 Accord and Losing Oil..

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Default Misfiring 01 Accord and Losing Oil..

Sorry for the repost I think I put this in the wrong sub category before...

Hi Im hoping someone can help me out here... let me detail my problem.

Ive got an 01 Accord - VTEC 4 Cyl Manual

A few weeks ago I noticed my car was losing oil, no leaks and no smoke from exhaust, just filling my engine regularly. It also started stalling about once per day while idling. No sputtering or runnign rough..just shutting off and starting right back up afterward. These problems may or may not be related...

I got a trouble code indicating a misfire in cylinder 3. Pulled the plug on that cylinder and found very black sooty deposits with brownish tip. Not wet just black and sooty. (pic attached) All the other plugs looked normal.

Replaced the plug and everything ran fine for a few weeks until it happed again. This time it ran rough, had Stalling, trouble code, and same issue with the plug being crusty and black. Now my CEL is flashing at idle.

Replaced the plug again and engine seems to feel fine but the CEL is still flashing and I know something is wrong.

The fact that the engine stalled without sputtering made me believe that it was something electrical but Im not sure why my plug is looking like that if that's the case. I listened to my injectors today and I hear all of them clicking like they should.... any suggetionS?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Attached Thumbnails Misfiring 01 Accord and Losing Oil..-securedownload.jpg