General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Multiple electrical problems in my Accord

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 09:16 AM
Default Multiple electrical problems in my Accord

I have a 2012 Honda Accord 4 cyl that has been giving me so much trouble. The first thing that happened was 90% of the button lights went out on the radio/climate control panel. I tried fixing this but gave up. It’s the least of my problems right now. Recently, my radio went completely out. It went on and off maybe 5 times over the course of a day, and is now completely dead. When it was off, the speakers would make a strange popping noise, and when it was on, everything was normal. My door locks also went out. When the car is powered off, the lock buttons on the key do not work nor does the lock button on my doors. This seemed to go out with my radio. I have checked all related fuses (2 radio fuses amplifier fuse and door lock fuses) and have measured the voltage of my battery. Along with that, I get no power from the USB input in the center console.

I did install a subwoofer in my trunk, with a high power 2000 watt amp. It is wired up correctly and I didn’t take my radio out to install it. However, when I disconnected the amp, I was still running into the same problems. This has been very frustrating, someone with experience please give me some insight.

edit: by my radio going out I mean the audio/info screen being completely black AND the radio not working.

Last edited by 2012_Accord; 09-03-2021 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-06-2021, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

That is a lot to happen at once. You may want to check all your fuses in case you popped one during your install. Also triple check how you wired the sub-woofer. Also how you grounded items may have messed up a ground.

Least, have your battery/alternator tested at a parts store. Low voltage can cause all kinds of strange problems